1. Power output does not cease immediately when boiler valve is closed due to small vapor reservoir in Super heater.
2. Popup Message will indicate when you damaged either the boiler or condenser. The simulation will not reset automatically. Click Reset button to restart simulation.
3. The heat engine operates at 96% of the efficiency of an ideal Carnot engine.
Ideal Efficiency = Tc/(Th - Tc ) where Tc is the surface temperature of the Condenser and Th is the temperature of fluid in the Boiler.
4. Black Body radiation is calculated by: P(T) = k X T (to a power of 4) or P(T) = k *T^4. I assigned a value to k that made the simulation work the way I wanted it to. The Stefan-Boltzmann formula with Planks constant indicate that k is a function of the black body surface area. Thus, for any value of k that I chose their is a surface area that is consistent with the Stefan-Boltzmann formula and Planks constant.
5. Electric Boiler: Of course making electricity makes no sense. But in my imagination (or metaphor) this is a engine being calibrated and tested in deep space for later integration with an imaginary nuclear source of heat.
Heat Engine with Black Body Radiator Baseline
Step 1. Type in kilowatts
you wish to input to Boiler(0 - 200) than click ENTER.
Step 2. Close Boiler Output Valve by clicking CLOSE button.
Step 3. Click 1 sec button to to observe initial conditions.
Step 4. Click Valve Position buttons to control heat engine.
Step 5. Experiment with controlling engine with valves and input wattage.